This is the fourth episode of the Rarely Rational series, that explores bias that influence our ability as UX designers in terms of decision-making and behaviour. Jyothi Sridhar and Chitra Gurjar explore the Status Quo Bias. Why do we tend to leave things the way they are?
- What is the Status Quo Bias?
- It is an emotional bias.
- Do we love change or not?
- We generally try to avoid choice paralysis.
- What is loss aversion?
- There are transactional costs in making a change
- Fear of failure and regret avoidance.
- Do we tend to inaction while faced with making a tough decision?
- How does status quo bias play out in UX research?
- The framing effect.
- Pros and cons of the default effect.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.