It’s the end of the year and the holiday cheer is in the air. 2023 is just around the corner. It’s a time for many to pause, reflect and acknowledge what was and how it came to be.
We are thrilled that our Aedge podcast is now almost 6 months old. Thank you, dear listeners, for supporting and cheering us on throughout this journey.
- As a first-time host, Madhavi learns how involved the process of producing episodes is. She is pleasantly surprised by how much she learned by interviewing guests
- Even though she’s a seasoned podcast host, Chitra often finds herself in awe as “magic happens!” Interviews frequently change course, seldom following any script
- Jyothi is thrilled to be a first-time podcast host too. She enjoys delving into the world of cognitive biases and understanding the psychology driving the design of products and user experiences
- The Aedge team committed to the challenge of publishing 52 episodes in 52 weeks
- In the “Rarely Rational” series, each episode explores a different cognitive bias and its effects in many fields
- Producing episodes for the Rarely Rational series gave Madhavi a chance to reflect on her experiences from different perspectives. She began appreciating the beauty of good design in everyday life
- People tend to associate cognitive biases with psychologists, neurologists and neuro-scientists, not designers. Chitra believes our explorations of these biases, served with a dollop of humour, helped people assimilate them better. Madhavi reminds her that this is the “Humour Effect” at play
- Chitra finds podcasting is a good medium to have focused, deep conversations exploring certain topics
- Guests often ask “Will I be a good podcast guest?” and start off by speaking tentatively. A few minutes into the chat, they open up and the conversation “flows”
- Jyothi admits that she too was sceptical in her first few episodes. But now she has discovered her potential and how much she brings to the table
- Initially, Chitra was not too happy about listening to her own recorded voice
- Listening to her own recorded voice while editing episodes, Madhavi has improved her speech and style of communication
- Jyothi and Chitra’s speech has changed too. They are more present and aware of their personal styles while speaking
- Chitra prefers 1-1 conversations vs chatting with a group
- Madhavi loves that podcasts allow listeners to feel like they’re sitting at the same table and in conversation with the hosts
- With 25 episodes out there, Chitra is convinced that our goal of 52 episodes is achievable
- Madhavi points out that the team has come under the spell of the “Anchoring Bias”.
Thank you, dear listeners! We look forward to your continued support in 2023 also. We hope to bring you much more in the coming days. Wish you all a very Happy New Year!
Write to us at email@example.com.