Why do we look to others for what we should think and do? This psychological concept is known as social proof. It occurs as a result of our natural desire to behave in the correct manner and fit in with others.
- Jolo chip challenge and other social media challenges.
- Social proof and the need to belong for humans.
- Where did the term ‘Bandwagon effect’ come from?
- ‘Hopping on the bandwagon’ to feel included.
- Positives and negatives of the Bandwagon effect.
- How does the Bandwagon effect play out in UX?
- Being aware of this cognitive bias and dealing with it in User research.
- Groupthink as an outcome of the Bandwagon effect.
- Examples of apps/products using Bandwagon effect to market their services.
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.